Medication Awareness - E-Learning at Acacia Training
This course aims to provide learners with the knowledge required to support the use of medication in health and social care settings. It provides information on the different types, classifications and forms of medication, as well as providing guidance
on safe storage and disposal. On completion, learners will have an increased understanding of the importance of accurate recording and reporting when administering medication. On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe relevant legislation,
- Recognise the different types of medication,
- Define roles and responsibilities,
- Describe relevant techniques for administering medication,
- List considerations when receiving, storing and disposing of medication,
- Identify the rights of an individual,
- Describe suitable recording and reporting techniques relevant to medication administration.
This module is targeted primarily at those working within the health and social care sector who are involved in the administration of medication.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
At the end of of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.