Beauty Therapy NVQ level 2 Diploma at Wirral Metropolitan College
If you are interested in a career in the beauty therapy industry then this is the course for you. You will spend most of your week in our Beauty Salons working on models and clients.
You will cover the following:
- Facial treatments ManicurePedicureWaxingEye treatmentsMakeupAnatomy & PhysiologyHealth and SafetyReception dutiesPromoting additional services & productsClient care
- Team work
- Use of resources
Key skills such as working with others, improving own performance and problem solving form part of the course and should help you gain employment.
During your course there will be opportunities for attending National shows and exhibitions where you can see some of the main wholesalers and manufacturers of equipment and products. Once a year we hold a college show and you are welcome to attend.
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old. GCSE Maths, English and Science at grade D or above are desirable. You need to have a genuine interest in Beauty Therapy. Commitment to the course and regular attendance is expected.
- You will need to provide a character reference before or at interview. The offer of a place on this course is dependant upon a satisfactory reference.
- An ability to communicate one to one e.g. to a tutor or customer and in a group as part of discussions.
- Minimum Level 1 Literacy. Reading - Much of the course material is presented in work books. You need an ability to read and understand these books. Writing - You will need to produce written assignments.
- Numeracy skills are required as you will need to work with treatment materials and handle money.
- You need the skills for fine work e.g. accurate use of an eyeliner pencil or nail varnish brush and there are times when it may be necessary to stand for long periods.
Before starting, you will take English and maths assessments to ensure you can meet the requirements of the course.
An early application is recommended for this course.
An interview for all applicants will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs. There will be a Maths and English assessment test at this interview.
Assessments continue throughout the course both in practical and theory sessions.
- Employment prospects include: cruise liner, health farm, television, cosmetic companies as a representative, plus many other areas including airlines or self-employment.
- Further Education opportunities include progression onto NVQ level 3 Beauty Therapy.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.