Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Apprenticeship at level 2 at Cumbria County Council
Some of your daily tasks may include:
- Supporting teacher-led activities in class and outside settings;
- Working with small groups of children to support classroom activities;
- Working 1:1 with individual children to support learning towards achievement of targets;
- Helping keep the classroom tidy and prepare resources;
- Some admin tasks such as photocopying resources for activities;
- Helping to establish good relationships between pupils, staff and parents.
There are no mandatory entry requirements. However we are looking for candidates who have:
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- A keen interest in Teaching and Learning;
- A good standard of English; Maths and ICT;
- A willingness to learn;
- Willing to undergo a compulsory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for suitability for working with children and young people.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways which may include:
- On the job observations;
- Evidence of your duties / tasks performed;
- Reports from mentors and managers;
- Assessments in English, Maths and IT;
- Production of a portfolio of evidence.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cumbria County Council directly.