Level 3 Hairdressing Apprenticeship at Leeds City College
The Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical and creative hairdressing skills, as well as the associated theory in relation to carrying out different cutting and colouring techniques, anatomy and physiology, health and safety and what it is like to work within the hairdressing sector.
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your practical skills to a high level of occupational ability to enable you to perform your own salon services.
In order to achieve a full Apprenticeship you must successfully complete the different parts of the framework over 12 to 15 months.
This consists of sector related industry qualifications.
Competence and Knowledge qualification
Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to Customers
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Develop and enhance creative hairdressing skills
- Create a variety of permed effects
- Provide creative hair extension services
- Provide specialist consultation services for hair and scalp
- Provide hair and scalp treatments
The Optional units are chosen by the employer to reflect your job role
Functional Skills qualifications
- Level 2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. A level 2 in Hairdressing is essential and GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test. Employment in a hairdressing establishment.
You will be assessed through a practical final synoptic exam, final theoretical examinations, your ERR portfolio and a review of your creative portfolio to showcase your creative skills.
After successful completion of this course you can choose to seek employment either with your apprenticeship provider or another business, study our Level 4 Salon Management course, undertake university or seek other vocationally related pathways that will enhance your professional skillset.
Apprenticeshipe routes are changing throghout the year, keep up to date online
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.