IT and Telecoms Professionals Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Gloucestershire College
This Apprenticeship is about playing an important support role within a business or organisation.
IT professionals can be involved in a number of different situations in the work place including First Line help desk support through to networking, web support and programming.
Research from eskills has shown that there is a shortage of new recruits in the IT sector and apprenticeships are needed to help fill this gap.
This apprenticeship will help employers begin to fill their skills shortage and train the IT professionals of the future.
- Developing customer relations
- Giving help desk support to clients
- Resolving IT problems
- Promoting products and services
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Qualifications you will gain
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence
- Functional Skills: Level 2 English, Level 2 Mathematics and Level 2 ICT
- 5 GCSE’s A*-C in English, Maths, and any three other subjects.
- All applicants are assessed at interview to ensure correct level of study.
- Prior qualifications or experiences in a relevant job will be taken into consideration.
There will be workplace NVQ assessment and development at agreed times (the number of visits will vary depending on each individual).
You may move into supervisory or more technically advanced role once you have completed level 3.
Depending on your job role you may be able to progress to a level 4. You may also have the option to go onto Higher Education and study a Foundation Degree.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.