Health & Social Care Level 3 Apprenticeship at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
You will work towards achieving core units of study alongside an additional set of units that relate to the various duties within your pre-existing role.
You will study the following mandatory units of study:
- Duty of Care
- Personal Professional Development
- The Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Person Centred Approach and Handling Information
- Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
The additional units will be selected in conjunction with your provided assessor.
If you have not yet achieved a grade C (or above) in GCSE English and maths, you will be required to attend GCSE resit sessions (if you achieved grade D) or functional skills sessions (if you achieved grade E or below).
- Full, part-time or voluntary employment within a health & social care role*
- A DBS criminal record check (£44 to process)
*If you work part-time or volunteer, then a minimum of 6 hours a week is required in the workplace.
You will complete written assignments and practical projects both in the classroom and the workplace. The evidence generated will serve as an end of year portfolio of your work.
You could progress onto university and study a health and social care related degree.
Employment opportunities may include additional responsibilities and or promotion in your current role.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.