Business Improvement Techniques Level 3 NVQ at CSM Training
Employees working for organisations who have bought into the ‘Lean’ concept. It will assist in improving their business activities by applying the tools and techniques
of continuous improvement.
Focusing its attention on improving its processes by the elimination of all forms of waste, reduced variation, and defect prevention by creating a robust quality system that; eliminates the risk of defective products reaching the customer, reduces manufacturing costs and improves profitability and competitiveness.
This qualification is a progression for those who have previously achieved a Level 2 qualification in Business Improvement Techniques and who are responsible for leading a team.
Between 20 – 26 weeks, but the exact timescale will be agreed at the initial planning meeting.
The main units are:
- Unit 001 Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Unit 002 Contribution to Effective Team Working
- Unit 003 Leading Effective Teams
- Unit 004 Applying Workplace Organisation
- Unit 005 Applying Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Unit 009 Creating Visual Management Systems
There are also a number of units that will be chosen at the initial planning meeting. Examples of the optional units are:
- Unit 008 Carrying out Lead Time Analysis
- Unit 010 Carrying out Value Stream Mapping
- Unit 011 Applying Set-up Reduction Techniques
- Unit 012 Applying Total Productive Maintenance
- Unit 014 Carrying out Statistical Process Control Procedures
- Unit 015 Applying Flow Process Analysis
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CSM Training directly.