Performing Arts BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Lambeth College
Lambeth College’s Performing Arts school has emerged as a flagship area for the College with a purpose-built 160-seat theatre, dance studio and state-of-the-art performance facilities.
Our diverse curriculum offers you the opportunity to write and devise theatrical productions, create costumes and set designs, offer technical support, and perform on a theatre in education tour and at drama festivals.
Dedicated tutors and technical staff are renowned for going that extra mile to get you into the career of your dreams. Learners have progressed into training with institutions such as Rambert Dance Company, the Royal Academy of Dance, Italia Conti, Laban, Guildford School of Acting and the Russian Ballet School, as well as numerous universities across the country.
You will study the following topics:
- Designing and monitoring a professional development plan
- Planning, developing and preparing for the creation of a performing arts product
- The social and historical development of drama, the structures and characteristics that underpin it and how you apply your knowledge to your own dramatic work
- Physical theatre performance skills and techniques
- Dance – demonstrating physical and interpretive dance skills, styles and qualities, learning how to improve your own performance in rehearsal
- Performing scripted plays - interpreting a role taken from a play and developing it for performance through rehearsal
- Working in the performing arts industry - the skills and training required for jobs and opportunities for progression
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 1 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 4 GCSEs at D grade or above, or an equivalent vocational qualification at Level 1, and have a commitment to study Maths and English to Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.