Front of House Reception Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in including Technical Certificate at Brockenhurst College
The course is for anyone who is employed in the Hospitality Industry who wishes to gain a professional qualification.
The course covers all aspects of Health and Hygiene, Safety, communication with others and a wide variety of craft units in providing a maid or housekeeping service.
The course covers:
1. NVQ Level 2 in Housekeeping, achieving a minimum of 37 credits for the full qualification
2. Functional Skills Maths Level 1
3. Functional Skills English Level 1
4. Technical Certificates (online tests)
The 4 components above need to be completed to obtain the full Apprenticeship qualification. The NVQ Level 2 Housekeeping logbook is made up of units each with a credit value. 37 credits need to be achieved for full Diploma qualification.
The Mandatory units consist of: (All to be completed 11 credits)
101 Maintain a safe, Hygienic and secure working environment
104 Contribute to effective teamwork
264 Cleaning and servicing a range of housekeeping areas
666 Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality sector
Optional units A: (Remaining 26 credits from this section)
137 Collect Linen and make beds
138 Clean windows from the inside
265 Use of different chemicals and equipment in housekeeping
266 Maintain housekeeping supplies
267 Clean, maintain and protect hard floors
268 Clean and maintain soft floors and furnishings
269 Provide a linen service
270 Carry out periodic room servicing and deep cleaning
201 Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
275 Maintain customer service through effective handover
There are no formal qualifications required. You must be working in the hospitality industry. You will be working and training with your employer who will be supporting you and who will allow your assessor to visit to observe and work with you through all aspects of the requirements of the course.
- Learning materials are specifically designed for you to work through on your own and with the help of a tutor/assessor, who will help you with your studies and give feedback.
- A qualified assessor will visit you at work weekly for between 60-90 minutes.
- We will be flexible and fit in with the needs of your business and job requirements.
- Your work will be sampled on an ongoing basis by a qualified verifier.
After completing the Level 2 course you can progress to the Level 3 Hospitality Supervision & Leadership course if your role is sufficient to warrant the extra responsibility of the supervisory level.
Please let our staff know if you need any additional support or reasonable adjustments - we will do all we can to help. Our experienced and competent staff can also tailor learning materials to suit particular needs; and can help you decide on your course and progression options.
You must expect to devote time each week to private study and homework.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brockenhurst College directly.