Business Studies BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Walton High
This course provides a broad study of business, with the opportunity to extend the core knowledge through fascinating optional units that focus on specific business areas such as the business environment, business resources, marketing, human resource, event management and principles of management.
The Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Business is a qualification that consists of six mandatory units plus two optional units. Assessment type illustrated below:
Total 8 units (6 Mandatory Units plus two optional Units)
1. Exploring Businesses
2. Developing a Marketing Campaign
3. Personal and Business Finance
4. Managing an Event
5. International Business
6. Principles of Management
7. Recruitment and Selection
8. Teams in Business
6 A*-C GCSE/ Level 2 BTECS or above with preferred C or above grades in GCSE English Language and Maths. BTEC L2 Business at Merit.
The course combines internal and external assessment, of which 45% is externally assessed.
Level 3 BTECs are awarded either, Pass, Merit or Distinction. Each of the different units can assess a range of assessment objectives which would include:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of marketing principles, concept, processes, key terms , data sources and definitions
- Applying knowledge and understanding of topical issues and accounting processes to real life business and personal scenarios.
- Analyse market information and data, demonstrating the ability to interpret the potential impact on specific example or case study.
- Evaluate evidence to make informed judgements.
- Be able to develop a solution / product or proposal with appropriate justification, synthesising ideas and evidence from several sources.
Business supports progression into Higher Education courses in Business, Accounting, Economics, Tourism, Retail, Sales and Marketing. The BTEC Business course will also allow for direct entry into employment in a variety of roles such as Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting and Business Administration.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Walton High directly.