Animal Management (Animal Nursing Pathway) C&G Extended Diploma Level 3 at Kingston Maurward College
Suitable for students who are considering progressing into a career as a veterinary nurse, veterinary receptionist or animal nursing assistant within today’s modern veterinary practice.
Through a mix of lecture, practical demonstrations, academic study and work experience, this advanced course will develop a comprehensive understanding of anatomy, physiology, animal handling as well as animal behaviour and the principles of animal nursing.
You will also gain additional knowledge and qualifications to enhance your prospects of employment, to enter further study of veterinary nursing or transfer to a similar industry.
During the first year of this course you will complete the units for the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma.
Year 2 units include:
- Undertake and review work related experience in the landbased industries
- Undertake an investigative project in the landbased sector
- Business management in the land based sector
- Understand and interpret animal behaviour and communication
- Undertake kennel and cattery management
- Understand and undertake wildlife management and rehabilitation
- Understand and carry out farm livestock husbandry
- Undertake Practices of equine health, handling and husbandry
Four GCSEs Grade C or above - to include English, maths and Science OR Level 2 qualification in Animal Care with Distinction plus Level 2 Functional Skills. Recent experience of working with animals together with a work placement in a veterinary practice is essential.
Courses leading to a qualification are FREE for British citizens, aged under 19 years on 31 August in the academic year you start your course.* However, there may be some additional costs for clothing/kit and trips depending on your course. You can apply to the Bursary Fund for extra help towards the cost of transport, food, equipment or childcare.
Veterinary Nurse (with further training), Veterinary reception, Animal Nursing Assistant, Animal Parks/Animal visitor attractions, Zoo Keeper, Kennels and catteries, Animal Care Worker/Supervisor, Pet shop work, Dog Grooming Assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingston Maurward College directly.