IT User Apprenticeship at Uxbridge College
What is an IT User Apprenticeship like? The IT industry develops computer solutions that help businesses and individuals become more successful in their work. It’s a fast-moving sector, so apprentices should have a keen interest in new technology.
IT professionals serve customers in all types of business. They could be creating software or websites, helping companies set up new systems, or training people to use their IT facilities. IT apprentices will study software installation, communication skills and technical fault diagnosis, and gain an IT qualification from a recognised group.
Here are a few examples of the units you may study –
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of managing information and producing documents.
- Principles of personal responsibilities and how to develop and evaluate own performance at work
- Principles of working with and supervising others in a business environment.
- Aged 16+
- Working in or interested in IT
- Have English and Maths at GCSE A – C or equivalent
- Need to complete a basic skills assessment in literacy and numeracy.
Assessments are carried out in your workplace.
Our assessor will come and visit you at work every 6-8 weeks and assess you in your job role. Visits usually last around two hours.
There is no cost for you to do an apprenticeship if you are 16-23 years old and you will be paid a wage.
- Further study: If you complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be able to progress onto Level 3. Apprentices that complete Level 3 may be able to go onto a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship.
- Job opportunities: Level 2: Administrator / business support officer, office junior, receptionist, junior legal secretary, junior medical secretary and medical receptionist. Level 3: Administration officer / executive, administration team leader / office supervisor, personal assistant, secretary, legal secretary and medical secretary.
Contact our apprenticeships department on
- 01895 853622 / 01895 853333
Please see the frequently asked questions on the next page for more information!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uxbridge College directly.