Welding and Fabrication Level 2 (EAL PEO) at Coleg Sir Gar
- Vocational course with no written exams
- Assessment based on a portfolio of evidence built up through practical work, logbook entries and completion of knowledge questions
- Progression from level 1 or equivalent qualification
- Provides entry to City & Guilds level 2 / 3
- Industry recognised qualification
- Increases job prospects
- Meets requirements of the modern apprenticeship schemes
The course focuses on specific welding and fabrication skills and recognises what a person is able to do at work. It involves the skills and knowledge needed to execute the job, the ability to organise work and identifying and preventing problems.
Applicants may hold a level 1 certificate or have a keen interest in welding or fabrication. Commitment to an apprenticeship is essential. GCSE maths, English and a science subject, grades D-G, are required for this course and to meet the requirements of employers.
Continuous assessment of practical coursework and portfolio development.
Completion of the course would allow successful learners to progress to an engineering apprenticeship and progress to City and Guilds level 2/3.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.