Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma at Bridgwater College
- This course is suitable for candidates who have a keen interest in beauty therapy
- This is suitable for students who are enthusiastic and committed to joining a full time course
- Students that wish to progress onto higher levels in beauty therapy or work in the beauty industry.
You will be studying twelve units, including theoretical knowledge and practical understanding. These include;
- Working in the beauty industry
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Client care and communication
- Promote products and services
- Provide facial skincare
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Apply make-up
- Salon reception duties
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty industry
- Units are taught in class contact sessions including lectures, tutorials and workshops.
- You will need to possess a minimum of five GCSEs in the A*-E range, with D’s in English and Science, or an appropriate Level 1 qualification.
- A successful interview is also required.
- No previous experience required
- A successful interview.
- Unitised online examinations
- Practical assessments
- Written coursework
These assessments take place throughout the year, assessment calendars are given to students to enable planning for theses assessments.
- You could progress to a Level 3 VRQ beauty therapies techniques or Complementary therapies course, business course or short courses.
You may wish to work in the industry such as beauty salons or spas, self-employed or mobile work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.