Support Teaching and Learning Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Hertford Regional College
This Apprenticeship is about providing support in the classroom. Learning support staff, such as teaching assistants or cover supervisors, play a vital role in today’s classrooms by making sure students get the most out of their lessons. They work with teachers, carry out duties such as lesson preparation and work with small groups or individuals. Some learning support staff specialise in areas like music or special needs. As an apprentice, you’ll work under the close supervision of a class teacher. Your duties will vary depending on your employer.
The Apprenticeship will include a QCF qualification, which covers knowledge and competency and Functional Skills.
A contract of employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week - to include time at college - for the duration of the Apprenticeship and be paid at least the Apprenticeship national minimum wage. Additional requirements to be discussed.
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
• Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Functional Skills (as required)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded (Creative Thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Key Management, Effective Participation)
• Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
• Coaching and mentoring in the workplace
• Achievement Records of all Training and Development activity
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.