AS/A RELIGIOUS STUDIES at Peter Symonds College
At AS level, the following topics will be covered:
Philosophy of Religion
- Ancient Greek influences on the Philosophy of religion.
- The Attributes of God.
- The Ontological Argument.
- The Cosmological Argument.
- The Moral Argument.
- The Problem of Evil.
- Religion and Science.
- The Origins of Buddhism/Life & Background of the Buddha.
- Origins of the Sangha
- The Early Spread of Buddhism
- Key Buddhist Themes: Karma, Nirvana, The Three Fires, The Three Refuges, The Four Noble Truths.
- Mahayana Buddhism and the Bodhisattva
Five GCSE’s at C or above, which must include English language and preferably a Humanities subject. Religious Studies at GCSE level is not essential, but will be an advantage. If Religious Studies has been taken at GCSE, a C grade or above is necessary.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Peter Symonds College directly.