Hairdressing NVQ Level 3 Diploma at Bath College
This course is designed for you if you wish to progress and develop your hairdressing skills, achieve an advanced qualification and increase your employability. Students studying on this course will work as hairdressers in our professional salons, which are open to the general public.
This qualification comprises of nine units: four mandatory, plus five optional units to cover practical skills and related knowledge.
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote additional products or services to client
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
Five optional units to choose from the following:
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills
- Create a variety of permed effects
- Provide creative hair extension services
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Support client service improvements
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
You may have opportunities to participate in additional training to achieve certificates in colour correction and product knowledge, Balmain hair extensions and La Brasiliana blow dry treatment. There may be a chance to visit the Salon trade fair and take part in a College competition.
- Hairdressing Level 2 NVQ / VRQ or an equivalent Hairdressing qualification
- Creativity, self-motivation, good communication skills, excellent attendance and a strong commitment to achieve
- Hairdressers with relevant experience who demonstrate sufficient commitment and enthusiasm to succeed within the hairdressing industry will also be considered
- Interview during which you will be expected to take part in a basic practical skills test
You will be assessed on a continuous basis within a realistic working environment. Assessment includes projects, oral questions, written tests and the production of a portfolio of completed work.
Uniform, kit and text books (discussed at interview).
Gain employment in a hairdressing salon within a role in that requires a more senior status
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.