Hairdressing Level 3 at The Maltings College
This qualification will prepare you for working as a hairdresser in a variety of settings, as well as operating your own hairdressing salon.
We are unique in that we also have a strong focus on confidence building and people skills.
Our salon reflects that of a real working environment, equipping you with the skills to succeed.
Our lecturers have experience in the hairdressing field, including staff members who began their careers as apprentices at TONI&GUY and worked their way up to train hairdressers.
You will learn how to:
- cut women’s hair to create a variety of looks
- style and dress hair using different techniques
- colour hair to create a variety of looks
- use multiple creative hairdressing design skills
- perm hair to create a variety of looks
- Optional units will include hair extensions, bridal hair and creating promotional displays of stock.
Students work 3 days at college and 2 day on work experience.
To apply for a Level 3 course you need to hold a minimum of 5 A* - C GCSE grades (or equivalent). Some of our Level 2 courses offer access to our Level 3 courses. Of course, we recognise that there can sometimes be circumstances where it is appropriate for students who may not meet these requirements to join a course at a particular level. Please do contact us to discuss your application should this be the case.
Multiple choice examination.
Portfolio of evidence.
Practical demonstration / assignment.
Task-based controlled assessment.
Financial assistance for meals, transport, course uniform and equipment is available for students who meet the criteria set out by the DFE.
Moving on from The Maltings College:
- Hairdressing stylist
- Hairdressing colour technician
- Further learning in hairdressing.
Please fill out an application and return it to:
- The Maltings College, Maltings Road, Halifax, HX2 0TJ
Or apply online by following this link:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Maltings College directly.