Music Technology BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
The course includes both practical and theoretical aspects, utilising professional hardware and software, including Apple Macs and professionalspecification recording studios. There is a wide variety of field trips to industry-related areas.
Your tutors are fully active in the music industry, ensuring the latest practices are demonstrated.
The Level 3 Diploma consists of up to 18 units and takes an in-depth look at audio industry-related vocations. It will be of interest to both school leavers and mature students who are interested in live audio engineering and studio production (including computer music production), and who would like to prepare for a higher education qualification or career in this exciting field.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Listening Skills for Musicians
- Computer Technology for Music
- Music and Sounds for Multimedia
- Music Technology in Performance
- Music Industry
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (to include maths and English) or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit grade or above (e.g. Level 2 Diploma in Music Technology
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
Assessment is continuous, with assignments, projects and practical work.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
- HNC in Music Technology
- Progression to Higher Education vocational courses
Employment options may include:
There are many aspects of the music industry that would welcome successful learners at entry level such as those shown below.
- Live Sound
- Music Production
- Record Company (business and administration)
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.