Children & Young People’s Workforce Advanced Apprenticeship - Diploma Level 3 at Redcar & Cleveland College
Are you employed and working with children and young people aged 0-19 years?
Do you hold a Level 2 qualification or have substantial experience in an appropriate workplace?
Why not do an Advanced Apprenticeship?
The Advanced Apprenticeship Framework will further develop your childcare and leadership skills. The framework will help you develop your career as a Childcare Practitioner, Nursery Manager, Youth Worker or Community Development Worker.
To achieve the full apprenticeship you will need to successfully complete the following mandatory components:
Mandatory components Diploma for Children & Young Peoples Workforce.
- Students must gain a minimum of 65 credits to achieve the Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young Peoples Workforce. This includes 11 mandatory units (27 credits) and then selected units from the student’s chosen pathway depending on their work role.
- Early Learning & Childcare (5 units- 22 credits).
- Social Care (3 units-13 credits).
- Learning, Development & Support Services (3 units-13 credits).
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
Finally students must complete a set number of credits from their chosen optional units.
For all competency based units students will be directly observed in the workplace. Knowledge based units will be assessed via assignments or a portfolio of evidence.
A good level of literacy and numeracy (preferably GCSE in English and Maths at grades C or above).
- Functional Skills English Level 2.
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills ICT Level 2
You must have:
- Employment in a childcare setting working with children and young people aged 0-19 years, and display some level of responsibility.
- A relevant Level 2 qualification.
- Evidence of a current CRB check.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redcar & Cleveland College directly.