Core Human Geography:
1. A case study of two contrasting places at a local scale (for example two cities in different parts of the world)
2. An extended study of either Trade or Migration.
3. An option module of Human Rights whereby you will examine and analyse the experiences that different groups of people have and how this depends on their geographic location or Power and Borders which involves analysing the role of different political
units (eg the UN) in managing different conflicts.
Core Physical Geography:
1. Water and carbon cycles and their links.
2. A case study of tropical rainforests and Arctic tundra to look at the physical differences and the human impacts that challenge their survival.
3. An extended study of either Coasts or Glaciation.
Geographical Debates Module:
This unit involves the analysis of two additional topics, in depth. You will be expected to discuss issues arising from these issues and debate the best solutions.
Possible topics include: Climate Change, Disease Dilemmas, exploring Oceans, future of food or Hazardous Earth. Two of the above options will be selected – We would be keen to know your choices to help us decide.
An Independent Investigation:
In this unit you will have selected your own personal geographic investigation from an area of the course that has interested you. You will use your time to create a 4000 word report that showcases your research, presentation and analytical skills.
Enhancement –We have a variety of events you can partake in that range from university lectures to a “ Gordano Geography Bake-off”