Spanish AS & A Level at Bishop Ullathorne Catholic School
You will gain:
- A lasting appreciation of language and learning
- An ability to comprehend Spanish in a wide range of contexts
- An ability to communicate readily in Spanish for a variety of purposes
- Useful knowledge of, and insights into, Spanish‐speaking cultures, both contemporary and historic
- Valuable skills for foreign travel, further education and employment.
- Social issues and trends
- Artistic culture
- Literary text and films
You must have a grade A in GCSE Spanish.
- Paper 1—Listening, Reading and Writing
Listen and respond to spoken passages from a range of contexts and sources demonstrating an understanding of main points, gist and detail.
Read and respond to a variety of texts demonstrating an understanding of main points, gist and detail. Translation into English.
- Paper 2—Writing
Translation into Spanish. Write in Spanish a critical response to aspects such as plot, characterisation, imagery or other stylistic features as appropriate of a book or film studied.
- Paper 3 ‐ Speaking
Discuss one sub‐theme from ‘Aspects of Hispanic society’ and one sub‐theme from ‘Artistic culture’ in the Hispanic world.
Good foreign language skills are short in supply and can be used for a great variety of jobs. Translating, interpreting and the travel industry will always require linguists. Other areas of employment include Financial Services, Marketing, Engineering, Logistics, Journalism, Law and Teaching to name but a few.
For further information, please contact Mrs C Cabrera Mix ‐ Teacher of Spanish
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Ullathorne Catholic School directly.