Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
Students will gain practical experience by performing treatments on each other and members of the public in the College’s salon. Separate theory lessons will include; Anatomy and Physiology and the theory of Beauty Therapy.
- Skin analysis, facial cleansing, facial massage and mask application
- Eye treatments and waxing
- Manicure and Pedicure techniques
- Application of make-up
- Training in reception duties and retail selling
- Work placement within the Beauty Therapy industry
- Students will also study a Functional Skills qualification in English or Maths, or study for an Enterprise qualification.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above which should ideally include science and a Grade C in English, or
- Level 1 in Beauty Therapy
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Creative skills and the ability to create a sense of style are also an advantage
- Entry for all students is subject to a satisfactory reference and a successful interview
Continual assessment throughout the course/ written assignments/ online tests/ Practical assessments are undertaken.
Students who want to gain a full Beauty Therapy qualification must continue onto the Level 3 Beauty Therapy course. Once fully qualified there are excellent career opportunities in beauty salons, heath spas, cruise ships, airlines, cosmetic companies and department stores.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.