Accessibility links

Art and Design at Waseley Hills High School and Sixth Form Centre

Course description

Unleash your creativity through our A Level Art Course which is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to progress in your chosen creative field. This is a subject for students who take real pleasure in the visual world and enables you to develop an understanding of all things visual.

You'll enjoy a fascinating combination of practical workshops, demonstrations, studio practice and external visits alongside your theoretical studies. At the end of your course, you will have an impressive portfolio of work to show to potential employers or university admissions tutors.

If you like thinking outside the box, our Art & Design course offers excellent opportunities to unleash your creative potential.

The A level qualification is a full-time course achieved over a two year period. In the first year, you study two AS modules and in the second year you will study a further two A2 units of work.

Coursework forms 60% of the course and the remaining 40% is made up from a practical exam where the theme is set by OCR, the examining body.

Entry requirements

It would be an advantage to have previously taken GCSE Art and Design and obtained aC grade or higher.We do sometimes consider students without this qualification if they are able to provide us with a sample of their drawing work.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Waseley Hills High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.

Last updated date: 24 June 2014

Key information

  • Start date: Next September
  • Duration: 2 years

Venues