Building Services Engineering & Project Management (Apprenticeship) at Solihull College & University Centre
This course is ideal for you if you are working as a Building Services
Engineering Technician or associated role, overseeing work to service, maintain and commission services within a building such as planning and administering refurbishments of lighting, heating, ventilation, lifts etc and ongoing monitoring of energy and environmental control systems.
This apprenticeship framework will develop your knowledge and prepare you for an Industry role or for progression onto an HNC or HND or Degree level course.
Subjects you study include: - Six core units which are mandatory.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Building Services and Control Systems
- Building Services Science
You will study a further Six Specialist units which are selected to provide students with a broad knowledge of Building Services, an example of which are:
- Project in Construction and the Built Environment
- Ventilation and Air Conditioning in Building Services Engineering
- Fluids - Static and Dynamic in Building Services Engineering
- Plumbing Technology in Building Services Engineering
- Electrical Principles in Building Services Engineering
- Electrical Installation Design in Building Services Engineering
To enrol the course you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be employed as indicated above
- You need a minimum of four GCSEs at Grade A/8 - C/4 including Mathematics & English Language and ICT or an equivalent qualification such as a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Construction or Engineering at Merit or Distinction Level
- A place on the course is subject to a successful interview
Continue with employment in the Industry
Progress onto either a Higher Apprenticeship, a HNC/HND in Building Services or a Foundation Degree in Construction.
There are no direct additional costs for this course but you may want to purchase some text books for further reading, a suggested reading list will be supplied at the beginning of your course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Solihull College & University Centre directly.