Health and Social Care Level 3 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our health and social care courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like
- Phase Hitchin and Herts Homecare
- Networking events with current professionals from across the sector
- Engagement with guest speakers from businesses like Mind in Herts, Kissing it Better, Healthwatch Hertfordshire, Herts Young Homeless, Stevenage Fire Station and Herts Partnership University Foundation Trust
- Supporting the local community through projects and fund raising.
We offer courses, at different levels, in some of the most important occupational areas in the health and social care sector. Our courses offer both direct access employment as well as progression to higher education and develop your understanding of anatomy and physiology, patient needs, rights and responsibilities as well as help you to effectively communicate with patients. You’ll learn how to ensure safe environments and support diversity, equality and safeguarding in health and social care.
- Human lifespan development
- Working in health and social care
- Research methodology for health and social care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Principles of safe practice in health and social care.
- Four GCSEs at A*-C grade including maths, English and science at grade C or above; or,
- A level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with a merit or distinction grade – plus maths and English GCSE at grade C or above or functional skills level 2 qualifications in maths and English.
This course is assessed through assignments, projects and at least two exams.
You will also sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
This programme is eligible for Advanced Learner Loans.
Possible charges for any trips or visits offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance.
Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
- Paid employment in the sector
- Level 3 extended diploma in health and social care (year 2) subject to entry requirements.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.