AS/A MUSIC (HSMC) at Peter Symonds College
This course is designed for gifted young people who are thinking seriously about pursuing a career in music performance. The course is designed to help you develop the skills, confidence and musical maturity needed to gain a place to read music at a conservatoire or university. We also expect you to be aiming to achieve a high grade in the A Level Music qualification. Twelve places are offered each year.
The course includes:
- Excellent teaching from an experienced team of A Level teachers
- Weekly individual tuition: one hour on your first study and 30 minutes on your second study (one of which must be piano) from a team of high-powered visiting teachers
- Preparation for the ABRSM Diploma on your first instrument/voice
- Weekly chamber music coaching
- Many opportunities to perform in ensembles and as a soloist in recitals, accompanied by our Head of Keyboard
- Master classes and workshops given by professional performers
- Trips to a range of live music events
5 GCSEs at Grades A* - C including English and Maths. Plus you will need to include extra information on the on-line application form by selecting the HSMC option, which should be submitted by 13 December 2013. You will be asked to attend for an audition in January or February 2014, when you will be required to perform two pieces on your first study instrument/voice (Grade 7/8 standard) and one piece on your second study instrument/voice, as well as listening and sight-reading tests.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Peter Symonds College directly.