Travel and Tourism - Level 2 Diploma (Full-Time) at Newcastle College
This is a practical work related course, which has been designed to improve the skills of individuals and increase their chances of employment within the travel and tourism industry.
Main Qualification Content
You will be working on a range of projects which will cover the following core subjects;
• Principles of Customer Service
• Interpersonal Skills
• Resort Representatives
• Worldwide Destinations
Additional Skills Development
Along side your main programme you will also develop your skills, this will focus on you area of interest including:-
• Occupational Studies for the Workplace
• Exploring Aviation
As part of your Prograqmme of Learning, as well as your main qualification, you may also be given the opportunity to undertake work placement to gain experience within the travel industry. You will also take part in a range of enrichment activities
from master classes from expert staff to overseas visits and developing industry specific skills such as communication, product knowledge and much more.
Maths and English
Newcastle College is committed to developing student’s vital literacy and numeracy skills. Please note that if you do not currently have a grade C or higher in GCSE Maths or English you will be supported to re sit or work towards resitting one of these qualifications whilst at college
Dedicated sessions with your progress coach each week to help you set and achieve your personal targets. You will develop you expert learner skills within you personal progression session.
You will need to have one of the following:
- You must be aged between 16-18
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above including English Language, or
- CGLI Level 1 Diploma in Travel and Tourism with Credit/Distinction grade profile plus GCSE passes to C or above in English or Key Skill Level 1 in Literacy, or
- BTEC certificates in 3 subject areas plus GCSE Grade D or above in English Language or Key Skill Level 2 in Communication.
- If English is not your first language we would expect an IELTS score of at least 5.5 in all areas of assessment.
- No holidays booked during term time
There are various assessment methods for each unit, ranging from written assignments and reports, individual presentations, online exams and practical activities.
L3 Diploma in Aviation Operations or Travel and Tourism
L2 Diploma in Air Cabin Crew
This course could help you gain employment within Newcastle International Airport as well as other airports in a range of careers including passenger service agents, airport security, ground staff and customer service.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newcastle College directly.