Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Level 1 Certificate at New College Nottingham
If you enjoy preparing and cooking food and you'd like a career in the catering industry this course is perfect for you!
This course includes:
- Introducing hospitality services
- The importance of the hospitality industry to the UK
- Customer service in the hospitality industry
- Developing skills to work in the hospitality industry
- Developing ideas for menus
- Food and beverage preparation and service
- Work skills
Students must have ALL of the following:
- 3 GCSEs or equivalent
- A satisfactory interview
- Successful assessment activities including literacy and numeracy
Observation of work carried out in a realistic working environment in both the restaurant and kitchen and a demonstration of underpinning knowledge.
- Level 1 Introduction to Professional Cookery City & Guilds Diploma
- Level 2 Professional Cookery (NVQ) Diploma
- Level 2 Hospitality Apprenticeship
If you would like to find out more about how this could unfold for you, our advisors are on hand to help – just click the Contact an Advisor option to the right.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Nottingham directly.