Sport BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This one year course with high standards is designed to provide a good knowledge of various subjects relating to Sport.
This course combines classroom-based theoretical study with practical sporting performance.
Students will progress through the course by successfully completing a portfolio of evidence via continuous assessment. The course content can be related to any sport allowing students to apply their learning to their own personal sporting interests.
The study programme has three compulsory aspects:
- Sport aspect: Units such as fitness testing and training, practical sport, psychology for sports performance.
- Literacy/Numeracy enhancement: You will take part in a personalised literacy and numeracy development programme.
- Employability programme: A range of activities that will enhance your chances of employment after the course.
- GCSE: At least 4, graded A*-D including English and maths
- BTEC: BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport (or related subject)
- Assessment in English and maths is required.
- A genuine interest in Sport.
- Compulsory attendance at a Sport Information Event.
- Applicants must also attend a taster day which is usually at the beginning of July.
Continual assessment throughout the year and a number of assignments both written and practical. Students are required to complete a portfolio containing evidence of assignments, practical performance, presentations, group exercises and discussions.
There will be an exam for the literacy and numeracy enhancement aspect of the course.
Students who have a good student profile throughout the year may have the opportunity to progress on to our Level 3 study programme, whilst others may wish to enter employment.
What our current students say you need to be successful
- Willingness to embrace new experiences
- Passion for learning
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.