Introduction to Professional Cookery Level 1 Diploma at Carlisle College
This course is ideal for students wishing to take the first steps into a career in catering/hospitality - the new Diploma qualifications.
The qualification is made up of the following mandatory units :-
- Unit 602 Introduction to employability skills in Hospitality
- Unit 202 Food safety in catering
- Unit 603 Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality
- Unit 604 Introduction to healthier foods and special diets
- Unit 605 Introduction to kitchen equipment
- Unit 607 Prepare and cook food by boiling, poaching and steaming
- Unit 608 Prepare and cook food by stewing and braising
- Unit 609 Prepare and cook food by baking, roasting and grilling
- Unit 610 Prepare and cook food by deep frying and shallow frying
- Unit 611 Regeneration of pre-prepared food
- Unit 612 Cold food preparation.
Students should have achieved GCSE's at grades E-F including Maths & English with an interview, as well as a passion for food and food service.
You will be assessed continuously throughout the course including synoptic testing covering industry standard practical testing, you will also produce an E-portfolio showing evidence of the work you have covered
Assessment methods may include the following;-
Observation, Product evidence, oral questioning, assignment work, unit test papers
After successful completion of level 1 you may wish to progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery course or seek employment in the catering industry.
This is a practical based course backed up by relevant theory; you will gain experience working in Oyster Bistro and the training Kitchens.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.