Painting and Decorating Diploma Level 3 at Buxton & Leek College
This is an ideal course to continue your development of skills and knowledge in Painting and Decorating. You will receive lots of practical training in our £1 million Skillbase Training Centre so you will get the skills needed to work in the construction industry.
We offer hands on, practical training as well as the necessary theory sessions and demonstrations. Our experienced tutors, who have worked in the industry themselves, will teach you the specialist techniques you will need to equip you for successful future employment. Our courses have been developed to meet local demand.
This course has been developed for delivery in a training environment and has been designed to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding of learners, enabling them to work in the industry in their chosen craft. This course is designed for students aged 16-23. The achieve this qualification you will need to complete the following units:
• Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
• Knowledge of Technical Information
• Quantities and Communication with Others
• Knowledge of Construction Technology
• Erect and Dismantle Access Equipment and Working Platforms
• Prepare surfaces for Decoration
• Apply Paint Systems by Brush and Roller
• Apply Standard Papers to Ceilings and Walls
• Produce Specialist Decorative Finishes and Apply water-borne Paint Systems using HVLP Spray Equipment.
At least 4-5 GCSEs at grade D or above including English Language and ideally Maths or a Level 2 in Painting & Decorating.
Your progress and achievements will be assessed throughout the course using a variety of assignments, projects and tests: You will have support from a group tutor who is a highly skilled professional in the industry.
Upon successful completion you will have the opportunity to study towards the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Painting & Decorating.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.