Sports Leadership at Felixstowe Academy
This is largely practical course with a minimum theory input.
Units of work include:
- Developing leadership skills
- Provision of sport in the community
- Lead sessions designed to improve fitness
- Organise and lead a sports event or competition
- Legal and ethical reposibilities when working with others
- Lead sport/activity sessions for children, older people and disabled people
- Demostrate leadership skills in the community with 30 hours voluntary leadership
Initially much of this work will be carried out within the course group - but after a while you will find yourself with groups throughout the school and also the feeder schools helping and leading activites.
An enthusiasm for sport and activity
Continuous assessment throughout the course with a final moderation in May.
30 hours leadership in total
An NGB award
A first aid award
If you are interested in any career in leadership, management, sports or the services, this course will be valuable as an indication of your commitment, initiative and self reliance. Many leisure centres and youth clubs regards CSLA as a minimumqualification for assistants and helpers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Felixstowe Academy directly.