Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) (QCF) CACHE Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma at Carshalton College
The CACHE Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) (QCF) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
- Cache Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (EYE)
- Cache Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Children and Young people’s Settings
- GCSE’s A-C English and Maths
- GCSE or Level 2 Functional Skill in ICT
- PLTS (Achieved and evidenced)
- Paediatric First Aid
- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Theme 4: Professional development
Learners must achieve:
- 23 mandatory units (61 credits)A
- All aspects of the framework
Applicants would need to be working in a childcare environment for a minimum of 30 hours per week. You will need to show competence in both theory and practice. You will be asked to undertake an assessment in English and Maths working at a Level 1 to Level 2. A clear DBS check will need to be in place.
Learners should have gained a minimum of one C grade in either Maths or English with a requirement to have achieved C grades in both subjects on exit.
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all units
- Complete longitudinal study
- Show competence in a real work environment
All assessment criteria must be achieved and each age range must be experienced. Significant placement experience across the age ranges must be undertaken in order to achieve the assessment.
A portfolio of evidence is built up using a variety of methods for example reflective accounts, direct observation, research tasks and professional discussion.
Fees are not normally paid by 16 to 18 year olds.
On successful completion of Level 3, students can progress onto a Foundation Degree or continue employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.