Public Services Level Two BTEC Extended Certificate at East Riding College
This course gives you the opportunity to find out more about the roles, responsibilities and purpose of the public services and is aimed at giving you an insight into a career in public services such as the Army, the Royal Navy, the Royal Air Force, the police, the fire and rescue service, HM Coastguard, the prison service or the ambulance service. There is a fitness element and various team working activities as part of the course. You will have the opportunity to meet people working within the public services.
- Career planning for the public services
- Improving health and fitness for entry into the uniformed public services
- Public service skills
- Employment in the public services
- Adventurous activities and teamwork for the public services
- Driving and the public services
- Sport and recreation in the public services
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D (preferably one being English)
- A satisfactory interview
- An initial assessment
This course is assessed practically and through written coursework. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations.
The course is designed to help individuals to prepare for a career within a public service, obtain an Apprenticeship or progress onto the:
Level Three BTEC 90-Credit Diploma in Public Services or
Level Three BTEC Extended Diplomas in Uniformed or Non-Uniformed Public Services
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.