Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 2 at Nextstep Training Limited
Business & Administration Apprenticeships have been in the top twenty apprenticeship frameworks for a number of years, with around 20,000 apprentices starting the apprenticeship every year. This apprenticeship builds on the previous success by using employer led, up to date, flexible qualifications which meet the changing skills needs of employers. It builds in softer-skills such as communication, team working, interpersonal skills and the ability to reflect on personal learning.
Tasks undertaken by intermediate and advanced apprentices will vary depending on the level and sector in which they are employed. Tasks may include producing documents, preparing notes, organising and co-ordinating events and meetings, developing and delivering presentations, providing reception services, using office equipment, setting up and maintaining filing systems, using a variety of software packages, updating information and managing projects.
The aim of this apprenticeship framework is to provide employers in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors with a business and administration workforce who have the skills, knowledge and competencies to support business systems, processes and services and who can contribute to making businesses more efficient and productive.
The main objectives are to:
- Build a competent business and administration workforce, providing organisations of all sizes across all sectors the staff needed to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Tap into the skills and talents of a diverse population by providing a flexible entry route into a career in business and administration.
- Equip individuals with the skills, knowledge and experience needed to undertake business and administration roles in a range of business settings.
- Provide apprentices with an opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and experience they will need to progress to roles with additional responsibilities and onto further and higher education, if they wish to do so.
There are no mandatory entry requirements for this apprenticeship framework. However employers are looking to attract applicants who have a keen interest in business and/or a particular interest in legal or medical administration careers. They expect applicants to demonstrate a “can do” attitude and have at least basic numeracy and literacy skills on which the apprenticeship will build.
Intermediate apprentices may work in roles such as administrators, office juniors, receptionists/medical receptionists, junior legal secretaries or junior medical secretaries. The Intermediate Apprenticeship programme has the following components:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- English Functional Skills
- Maths Functional Skills
- ICT Functional Skills
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress on to:
- The Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Business & Administration – general administrative, legal or medical pathways.
- Other level 3 advanced apprenticeships such as customer service or management.
- The Advanced (14 – 19) Diplomas in a range of related sectors, including business, administration and finance, information technology, public services and retail business.
- Further education to undertake management, business related or other qualifications.
- With additional training, Intermediate apprentices may be able to progress in their careers to roles including administration executive, administration team leader, office supervisor, personal assistant, secretary or a wide range of other business and administration roles.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nextstep Training Limited directly.