Geography A Level at Ysgol Gyfun Penweddig
- By studying Geography at A Level pupils will be able to develop skills which are essential in any job – skills which employers look for such as problem solving, analytic skills, environmental and social awareness, working as a team, computer literacy,
awareness of place, numeracy and communication and research skills.
- Every pupil has achieved A-E grades with over 90% consistently achieving A-C grades annually. On average between 12-15 pupils choose to follow the subject annually.
- Several of the pupils that have chosen Geography for A Level have achieved a First class honours degree in Geography or other subjects eg Law; Modern Languages.
- Pupils have won places at Oxford.
- Several pupils have gained scholarships at Welsh universities.
- After graduating, a number of pupils have secured jobs which use their geographical skills eg Environmental jobs, Tourism, Journalism.
- The department operates an open policy and a pupil does not necessarily have to follow Geography for GCSE in order to choose Geography for A level.
- Geography degree- Human/Physical.
- Town and country planning degree.
- Environmental Studies degree.
- Geology degree.
- Most universities in Britain offer geographical and environmental courses.
- In the last few years some pupils have won scholarships from Mantais – available for pupils studying courses in Wales through the Medium of Welsh or partly.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Gyfun Penweddig directly.