Advanced Apprenticeship for Children and Young Peoples Workforce (Early Years Educator) at Rotherham College
Do you aspire to pursue a career within the education, health or care sector?
Whether you are looking for a career as a nursery assistant, nursery officer, early year’s practitioner, nurse, social worker, support worker, health care professional or work in the allied health professions then we have the programme of study for you. We offer nationally recognised qualifications which meet the needs of students, employers and the industry.
Our excellent work placement opportunities provide you with first-hand experience of working in the sector, allow you to apply theory to practice and gain an insight into the work roles available. Opportunities include organisations such as The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust, care and residential homes, day nurseries, pre-schools, infant schools, special schools, voluntary organisations and child-minders. Our highly skilled and experienced tutors and links with employers will ensure you are supported to achieve your career goals, are work ready and well prepared to join the workforce or progress onto further study. A very high percentage of our students progress into employment within the sector and also to Higher Education degrees including nursing, social work, early years teaching, allied health professions and foundation degrees.
Further your knowledge with the Advanced Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. This Apprenticeship will further develop the skills you will need to be an effective employee when working with children in a range of settings. While working with children and young people at a variety of ages, you will gain experience and the confidence to pursue a career in the sector. This course lasts for two years.
What will I study?
• You will develop your communication skills with both children and adults
• Gain an understanding of health and safety and create safe environments for children
• You will develop your knowledge in child development, play and learning
• You will attend College one day a week and a work setting four days a week
What added value will I receive?
• You will be given the opportunity to develop your Functional Skills in English and maths
• You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the industry, using industry-standard equipment and earning a salary while you learn
• Four GCSEs including English and maths at grade A-C
•A Level 2 Childcare qualification
• You will be required to complete an interview and have a clear DBS check
• You must be in paid employment within a supervisory role with minimum of twelve months experience •Positive references and interview
•Assessment after each unit of study
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees. Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees. Contact the Enquiries on the details below for advice and guidance on:
T: 01709 722777
After completing this Apprenticeship, you can go onto Further or Higher Education or employment in the sector.
For more details please contact the Enquiry Team on:
T: 01709 722777
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.