The Extended Project Qualification at Brockhill Park Performing Arts College
The Extended Project will develop and extend from one or more of the learner’s study areas and/or from an area of personal interest or activity outside their main programme of study. It will be based on a topic chosen by the learner(s) and agreed as appropriate by the centre.
Delivery of the Extended Project Qualification in centres will involve some teaching of the necessary skills, supervision and assessment of the learner’s progress. It will involve extended autonomous work by the learner.
Learners are required to:
- choose an area of interest
- plan, research and carry out the project
- provide evidence of all stages of project development and production for assessment
- draft a title and aims of the project for formal approval by the centre
- design/produce an artefact or write a 5000 word research report/essay.
- deliver a presentation to a specified audience
The learner will:
- identify, design, plan and complete an individual project, applying a range of organisational skills and strategies to meet agreed objectives
- select and use a range of skills, solve problems, take decisions critically, creatively and flexibly, to achieve planned outcomes
- obtain, critically select and use information from a range of sources; analyse data, apply it relevantly and demonstrate understanding of any appropriate linkages, connections and complexities of the topic in a 5000 word essay/report or in a product/artefact
- evaluate outcomes both in relation to agreed objectives. Select and use a range of communication skills and media to present evidenced outcomes and conclusions in appropriate format
- Record all of these above in a planning document
The Extended Project Qualification offers opportunities for learners to:
- develop and improve their own learning and performance as critical, reflective and independent learners
- extend their planning, research, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills
- use their learning experiences to support their aspirations for higher education and/or career development
- develop and apply decision-making and, where appropriate, problem-solving skills
- develop and apply skills creatively, demonstrating initiative and enterprise The Extended Project is the equivalent to half an A Level grade and score UCAS points.
5 A* - C grades in a range of subjects
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.