Hair, beauty and holistics - VTCT Diploma in Hairdressing level 1 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
If you are new to the industry and have little or no experience of hairdressing and barbering, this course is for you.
You will learn:
• Shampooing and conditioning
• Styling women’s hair
• Styling men’s hair
• Plaiting and twisting hair
• The art of dressing hair
• Colour hair using temporary colour
• Creating a hair and beauty image
• Health and safety in the salon
• Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
• Presenting a professional image in a salon
• Working with others • Salon reception duties
• Creating and maintaining salon retail displays
The purchase of a hairdressing kit is essential for this course. Personal appearance must reflect industry standards.
English and maths grade 1 or above. Successful completion of current studies. You should demonstrate an interest or knowledge of hairdressing and beauty industries and be keen to progress in them.
• Observations of practical ability
• Photographs of work
• Treatment plans
• Written assignments
• External tests
• Online learning
• Portfolio completion
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
VTCT NVQ in Hairdressing level 2.
You could enter employment in the beauty therapy industry in a trainee or junior manager role.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.