Fine Art at Dereham Sixth Form College
Students are introduced to a variety of experiences exploring a range of media, processes and techniques. Students will be taught and expected to explore and produce practical and critical/contextual work in one or more of the following areas:
- Painting, drawing and mixed media, including collage and assemblage
- Land art, installation and construction
- Printmaking, photography: lens-based and/or light-based media, Film, animation, television and video.
The aims of the course are the same for both AS and A Level. Students are encouraged to develop:
- Intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive powers
- Independence of mind in relation to developing their own ideas, refining their ideas, intentions and personal outcomes
- An interest in, enthusiasm for, and enjoyment of art
- Experience of working with a broad range of media, including traditional and new media and technologies
We encourage individuality and Students work is highly praised for the unique and personal approach undertaken. Students celebrate success by regularly exhibiting work within the college and in the wider community. This course is suitable for Students who wish to undertake further studies in the Arts, who are looking to take up an artistic career pathway. Also for students who wish to add an additional creative subject to compliment and enhance their other subject areas. Visits and trips are an integral part of the course and we expect students to respond in innovative ways. We follow the AQA specification.
A*-B in a relevant creative subject at GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dereham Sixth Form College directly.