English Literature AS/A2 at The Sele School
Our AS and A Level English Literature specifications are designed to build on what students already know from GCSE and:
- Encourage the development of critical awareness and understanding of individual works of literature.
- Develop understanding of relationships between texts and of the significance of cultural and contextual influences on readers and writers.
- Target the core skills every literature student needs to explore and understand a wide range of texts.
- Offer flexibility and freedom for centres by presenting a wide range of topic areas and suggested texts to choose from.
- Give teachers the opportunity to co-teach the AS and A Level by offering a complete crossover of set texts for study.
- Allow students, within the A Level non-examined assessment component, to pursue more detailed study in a field of particular personal interest.
- Develop the valuable transferable skills of sustained research and composition.
Entry into The Sele School Sixth Form is dependent on meeting a GCSE, OCRN or BTEC equivalent exam entry requirement of 5 A* – C grades, with a minimum of a C grade in the subjects that they wish to continue at AS level. Students who wish to study a subject which has not previously been studied will be admitted according to the 5 A* – C ruling. However, consultation will take place between the Head of Sixth Form and Deputy Head (Curriculum) where a student has failed to meet the GCSE entry requirement but has shown a serious intention to continue their education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Sele School directly.