Beauty Therapy City & Guilds Diploma Level 2 at East Berkshire College
This course provides training in a variety of facial and beauty skills.
There are 13 mandatory beauty skills units covered on this course including
- Providing manicure treatment
- Providing pedicure treatment
- Provide facial skin care treatments
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Providing a make up treatment
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- Reception duties
- Health & Safety
- Head massage
- Client care and communication
- Working in beauty related industry
- Promote products and services
There is also additional training courses including Dermalogica training, spray paraffin and Lash extensions. Functional skills also forms part of your programme.
- You must either have successfully completed Level 1 or have two GCSEs at grade D or above and two GCSEs at grade E or above, including English Language and Science.
- You will also be interviewed and must demonstrate a positive attitude and commitment to the course, supported by school reports and references.
- Where appropriate, ESOL level 2 is needed and adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills.
You will learn through practical and theory.
When you are competent and confident you will be able to carry out treatments on real clients in the commercial salons.
Successful completion of level 2 provides you with a range of beauty skills with which to seek employment. However it should be recognized that wider opportunities are available if you progress to and achieve Level 3, subject to interview and references.
Level 3 Beauty Therapy, apprenticeship or career in Beauty Therapy.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.