Performance Skills (Level 1) NCFE Certificate at City of Westminster College
This qualification aims to:
· Develop learners’ skills in performance with a view to progression to further qualifications
· Help learners to acquire and develop fundamental practical skills, and focuses on learners performance ability by developing their critical awareness
· Focus on practical skills and provides an opportunity to develop skills relating to the performance industry
What qualifications or skills do I need to show I have before I can enrol?
· Confidence and willingness to perform in front of others
· Excellent attendance and time-keeping
· Ability to listen to the ideas of others
· Willingness to contribute ideas
· Creativity and imagination (nothing is impossible in theatre)
· The ability to have FUN!
To be a successful applicant to our programmes in Performing Arts and Music you should have the following qualifications:
· You will have an initial assessment of your literacy skills and will need to achieve a score of Entry Level 3 in order to gain access to the course.
· Be aged between 16-18
· Have some achievement at GCSE grades E-G
· Motivated in following a performing arts/music programme
· Demonstrate a commitment to working towards goals with your tutor
All courses are subject to a successful and positive reference from a previous tutor or employer.
You will be assessed continually through practical project work, coursework, written assignments and presentations. Practical assessment will include some public performances but also closed in-class presentation and workshop assessment.
This is an ideal springboard for students who would like to progress to our full time Level 2 Performing Arts or Music Programmes and work towards a career and further education in Performing Arts or Music.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Westminster College directly.