Vocational Skills for Work at Eastleigh College
This programme is multi-skilled, focusing on individual and group enterprise and is designed to assist, empower and support successful progression for those who have not achieved their full potential.
Level 1 Vocational Skills for Work is designed to assist 16 - 18 year olds who are struggling to engage in a full-time career programme of their own choosing.
This programme is suitable for individuals
- who have been excluded
- who have not met the entry requirement for their chosen programme
- are unsure of their future career path or who have mild learning difficulties
- anxiety or social issues, anger management issues
- or are NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training).
You will study
- Functional Skills Maths and English
- Level 1 BTEC Work Skills programme offering a range of qualifications to match the individuals work ethic, abilities and attendance.
All students without an A*-C grade in English or Maths will be required, as a condition of the programme, to undertake either a GCSE or Functional Skills programme.
Students supported by a tutor and a dedicated learning support. The programme is flexible and varied to maintain focus upon an enterprise project with learners working independently or as part of a small team.
This programme is specifically run with the intention of including a number of weekend market days which students must attend to promote their individual project items.
- You will be working confidently towards Level 1 and will have already achieved qualifications in Maths and English at Entry 3.
- In addition, you will need to successfully complete an interview with a member of the team and be ready and motivated to progress towards Level 1 self-paced study.
Your continually developing skills will evolve through a mixture of lessons, demonstrations, assignments and practical tasks that will be assessed as part of set practical activities which will be supported by reflective assignment reports produced within deadlines and independent assessments.
To enable the safety of the students, it may be necessary to purchase appropriate clothing or footwear for use in the workshop or any other off-site work experience.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.