Performing Engineering Operations (Welding) Level 2 Diploma at New College Durham
You will study preparing and using manual MIG or MAG equpiment, manual gas welding equipment, manual metal arc welding equipment, working safely in an engineering environment, working efficiently in engineering and using and communicating technical information.
The main qualification is the Level 2 Diploma Performing Engineering Operations consisting of:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing platework components and assemblies
- Preparing and using manual metal arc welding equipment
- Preparing and using semi-automatic MIG, MAG and flux cored arc welding equipment
As well as this you will also receive a weekly tutorial, take part in course enrichment activities and study Maths and English at your appropriate level.
A minimum of four GCSes at grade D or above, ideally including English and Maths but not essential (or an equivalent relation qualification).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Durham directly.