Sport and Physical Activity - 2 Camb Tec 3 at The Sixth Form College Farnborough
Cambridge Technicals Level 3 Extended Certificate/Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity
The award is suitable for students who have an enthusiasm for studying sport and improving sporting performance. The 1 Year course results in the award of the Extended Certificate. Continuation into Year 2 leads to the Diploma.
You will experience a variety of both practical and theory teaching methods to enhance your learning and understanding. Participation in all practical sessions is mandatory, enabling you to reach and maintain a full understanding by putting theory into practice.
You will also be expected to carry out experimental type work as well as essay writing. Students of all sporting abilities can apply. Assignments will be based on realistic workplace situations
- Unit 1: Body systems and the effects of physical activity
- Unit 2: Sports coaching and leadership
- Unit 3: Sports organisations and development
- Unit 5: Performance analysis in sport and exercise
- Unit 11: Physical activity for specific groups
- Unit 12: Nutrition and diet for sport and exercise
- Unit 4: Working safely in sport, exercise, health and leisure
- Unit 7: Improving fitness for sport and physical activity
- Unit 9: Preparing to work in sport, exercise, health and leisure
- Unit 10: Biomechanics and movement analysis
- Unit 13: Health and fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Unit 17: Sports injuries and rehabilitation
- You should have a grade C in GCSE English Language along with a C grade in Core Science (alternatively one of Chemistry, Biology or Physics at C grade).
- A Merit grade in BTEC First Award in Science is also accepted.
- Having studied GCSE PE or BTEC Sport Level 2 would be advantageous due to the topic familiarity but is not a prerequisite.
There will be 3 externally assessed units on this course (Units 1, 3 & 4) and 9 internally assessed united through various assignments. Assignments will be based on realistic workplace situations.
This course focuses on your progression into industry with career specific placements available in a variety of areas including Coaching, Sports Science, Fitness Instruction and Sports Management.
The Diploma is equivalent to two A levels and carries a maximum of 280 UCAS points from achieving a Distinction*Distinction* (D*D*) and can be used alongside other qualifications to achieve acceptance to University level study. Higher education qualifications would be beneficial if students wish to follow a career in sports therapy or teaching.
What other subjects could I do with this course?
The Cambridge Technical in Sport combines well with all subjects. Popular combinations include Science, Health and Social Care, Psychology, Sociology, Media and Business Studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Sixth Form College Farnborough directly.