Professional Cookery Apprenticeship Level 3 at The Vocational Learning Centre Limited
If you choose an Apprenticeship pathway, the framework will include:
- NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles(Professional Cookery)
- Functional Skills Numeracy
- Functional Skills Literacy
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
Your full apprenticeship will contain a Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery, This will contain 56 credits, 17 of these will come from mandatory units:
- Maintain food safety when storing, Preparing and cooking food.
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment.
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues.
The remaining credits required to achieve the apprenticeship programme will be achieved through an online multiple choice test: The Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles can be achieved through obtaining the 26 credits needed.Functional Skills
A minimum of Level 2 for Mathematics and English will need to be achieved.Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices must achieve unit CU920 from the Main Aim to complete this framework.Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
This is fully integrated into the Apprenticeship programme.
You will be assessed on and off the job by a dedicated vocational facilitator who will support and guide you through your qualification. Additionally you will undertake an onscreen multiple choice assessment to demonstrate your understanding of the sector requirements.
The Vocational Learning Centre offers a range of other qualifications relevant to Food Production and Cooking. The other areas that may be of interest are:
- Hospitality and Catering Supervision
- Customer Service
- Team Leading
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Vocational Learning Centre Limited directly.