A Level Business at The Victory Academy
If you see yourself as your own boss, or the head of a successful business or an important part of a large corporation, this course will be for you. Business keeps you up-to-date with what is going on in the world and allows you to be a step ahead at all times. Whatever your vision for yourself the Business A level course will give you an incredibly powerful start to your business career. All the key topics of business start-up, social media and economic environment are covered. By the end of the course you will learn how to market your product and how to manage your accounts. You will understand some of the legal aspects of starting a business and go on to consider leadership and business management. Armed with this knowldge maybe you could give Richard Branson a run for his money in the not too distant future?
- Theme 1: Marketing and people - You will leartn about dynamic markets, social media and online retailing, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Theme 2: Managing business activities - Introduces you to business finance, the impact of economic uncertainty on businesses and the competetive environment.
- Theme 3: Business decisions and strategy - You will move from funtions to strategy, exploring business decision making, small business survival, managing change and scenario planning
- Theme 4: Global business - You will explore global businesses, investigating overseas market, cultural and social differences and the impact of multinationals.
- Students should have at least five A* - C grades at GCSE, ideally including grade 5 in English Literature or Language and Maths
- Good ICT skills may be an advantage.
- 2 written papers (80 marks each)
- Paper 1: Data response questions and 20 mark essay question
- Paper 2: Data response questions and 20 mark essay question
- 3 written exam papers (100 marks each)
- Paper 1: Data response and essay questions from theme 1 and 4
- Paper 2: Data response and essay questions from theme 2 and 3
- Paper 3: You will have a research task before the exam to which the data response and essay question will be linked to the topic you research. This paper will cover all 4 themes
This course provides a wide range of knowledge, understanding and critical thinking skills that are essential to higher education. You can go on to study business at university or other related courses including accounting, computing, economics, law, modern languages, mathematics, media, politics, sports or travel & tourism. You will also be able to progress into employment in the City, working in financial institutions or other banking, accountancy or management related career. Or if you have a new ideam you could start your own business and be your own boss!!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Victory Academy directly.