Physics at Poole Grammar School
In the first year (AS) you will study:
- Unit 1: Particles, Quantum Phenomena and Electricity
- Unit 2: Mechanics, Materials and Waves
- Unit 3: Investigative and Practical Skills
In the second year (A2):
- Unit 4: Fields and Further Mechanics
- Unit 5: One from – Astrophysics, Medical Physics, Applied Physics, Turning Points in Physics
- Unit 6: Investigative and Practical Skills
You will be required to handle increasingly complex mathematical equations and to cope with such aspects as exponential growth and decay.
You will also be required to carry out precise experimental work in preparation for a practical exam
You should also be prepared to produce topics for class presentation.
Places on AS Level courses can, subject to available places, normally be offered to applicants who meet the minimum course requirements. These are usually based on the applicant’s best 8 GCSE results, including English and Mathematics, with a minimum of 344 points, with an A* A or B grade in the subjects chosen - or a related discipline, if appropriate (in Mathematics, the minimum grade of B must be at Higher Tier).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Poole Grammar School directly.